I didn't realize what bad shape it was in. The fabric seat was toast, both tires were cracked and flat, and rust and scratches everywhere.
Soon after Matt and I met, before we were married, we purchased matching bikes. Matt taught the girls to ride their bikes without training wheels, and we frequently went for bike rides in the Sellwood neighborhood we lived in. A few times we rode down into Milwaukie where his dad was living.
Our bikes and the kids bikes went with us on all camping trips, strapping bikes to the back and top of our car. When we moved to Newberg, we took the bikes to Champoeg State Park and enjoyed the long trails. I remember taking our bikes to Forest Park once, and camping in Boardman along the Gorge with our friends Lynn and Randy.
Yesterday I dropped the wheels and seat mount off at our local bike shop. Today I put it all back together and sprayed silicone on the moving parts. There is still a bit of rust here and there, and I will take care of it as time goes on. I bought a big-butt seat, new bell and a mirror and the bike looks ready to go down the road~
I am looking forward to riding, and hoping Matt will have time to join me often.



1 comment:
What a great idea! I will have to see if I can take one of my parents bikes and look for a carriage thing that you can attach to the back of the bike for the kids.
Post a Comment