I got my iPhone wet with river water, and it died. Not even CPR can save this electronic wonder. A very expensive lesson, indeed. I ended up paying twice the price as I paid 5 months ago, and am getting 1/2 the memory (8 GB). The pricing all has to do with that we just renewed our AT&T contract and already purchased iPhone at a discounted rate--apparently only allowed a discount once during the 2 year contract period. Yeah, it Sucks!An addiction to this easy-to-use device leaves me wanting nothing less than an iPhone to replace my dead iPhone--even if it's less memory...ugh!
My husband is understanding, upset, but understanding.
I also learned that even if I had the phone insurance, it would not have covered water damage. Only manufacturer extended warranty. Very interesting. There is a special insurance now available that covers damage -- however it is unclear what the replacement cost is--yes, there would still be a significant charge for a replacement estimated at minimum $99 by the store clerk--but more than likely higher. I was given a 800 number to call for details.
In short, learn my lesson, take it easy with your iPhone.
~Lori, 8GB phone user :(
7/18/10 UPDATE: A miracle!!! After placing my iPhone in a bag of rice for a week, it now turns on--as if nothing ever happened!!!! I was told by an AT&T store clerk, as well as Matt and other people to place the phone in rice and it will help dry it out. I checked on it every other day, nothing, and then finally today it turned on!!! OMG! We will keep the extra phone instead of buying the insurance. Lesson learned!



1 comment:
Haha...I hope my previous comment had nothing to do with this... :)
It's always sad to hear about phones biting the dust...especially the expensive ones like iPhones and Blackberries and Treos.
Post a Comment