"Hurry up, we got to get going!"....
I urged my wife to join me in the car quickly, so we could make it over to the Jiffy Lube for their $19.99 oil change special. Considering that we may be taking a drive tomorrow, I wanted to get the oil changed since it was overdue.
As we pulled up to the Jiffy Lube, we could see that one of the bays was blocked by pylons, and the other was being scrubbed down with soap. They were still open, and I was ready. Apparently, they were not.
The minimum wage clerk approached my car and told me they were unable to change my oil because their computers were down. I asked what changing my oil had to do with computers. He said that they need the records to be able to change the oil. I pointed to the "Jiffy Lube" static cling sticker that was put there during the last change. Still, he insisted they need the records.
In a desperate attempt to finish the conversation, the clerk told me that they still couldn't change my oil because they had no way to take payment. I told him I'm paying cash, I have a $20 bill. He said he couldn't do it, they have cameras all over the place. (What!??!) I asked for the manager, and the clerk assured me that he would tell me the same thing.
My parting words were to suggest they put a closed sign up, because their open sign is still hanging--and they are obviously not open for business.
And so we drove away, amazed at what just occurred.
Stupidity is a pet peeve of mine.
-Matt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment