Contrary to previous years, I haven't done any homemade wreaths yet, either. This year, we purchased a wreath from our neighbor for his Boy Scout fundraiser.
Today I decided to dress-up the porch area a little bit, as I was inspired to do so when I removed the un-carved pumpkins.
Fred Meyers had a door mat for $4.99, and that got me started.
I put a couple cinder blocks on each side of the door along with a smaller brick. I wanted to add some varying height of the cheap potted greens from Home Depot. I didn't like the look of the bricks, so I ran to the dollar store and picked up cellophane wrap in bright Christmas colors and a couple metallic large gift bags. I wrapped each pot with the wrap and secured with a rubber band. I folded the metallic bags over the front and top of the bricks, to make them look like presents. I strung cheap red bead garland on a couple of the trees.
It's a start, at least it looks like we are trying....
We definitely want to get our Navity scene on display in the front yard before Christmas, but don't know when we will do that. We're expecting very cold weather this weekend and into Tuesday. Low temperatures are expected around 10 degrees, and highs about 20. Unusual weather for our area.
-Lori



No comments:
Post a Comment