It was a wonderful tea house run by a cordial lady. The name was "Royal House of Orange Tea Company". The name was from family history of the owner. I miss that tea house, as she had to close down due to family committments. She made wonderful homemade soups, superb scones, and the best-est house tea in the world.
When she was liquidating retail items, I decided I better pick up a teapot for my own home use. If I recall, the colors she had at the time were pale blue, white, and brown. I remember thinking the blue was pretty, and the white was more traditional and couldn't decide between them. I suppose my hmm-haa-ing about my purchase grabbed the owner's attention. She let me know that the brown tea pot had a name, it was known as a Brown Betty among tea enthusiasts. That did it, the brown tea pot I hadn't considered was now the one I own.
This last Christmas, my dad and step-mom gave me a precious gift. A brown milk pitcher from my dad's childhood. He told me the story of growing up with this pitcher in their refrigerator. His mom (my Grandma Betty) had passed it down to him recently. It's in fine shape, and is brown just like my Brown Betty Teapot. How ironic!!!
I love it! I haven't yet put anything in it yet, but will soon when I enjoy tea or ice tea with friends.
-Lori
My Grandma Betty, 86 years old, and Bear (3 years old)



No comments:
Post a Comment