You know you are in Kodiak when....

  • When traffic reports are replaced by the FISHING REPORTS
  • The water on the floor mat in your car is frozen
  • You automatically remove your boots when entering someone's home
  • You use flat-rate priority mail boxes more than envelopes
  • In Winter, you know who is taking their Vitamin D and who isn't
  • If you don't already have auto-start on your vehicle, you wish you had it
  • You know what a Coastie is, and it doesn't mean you live near the beach
  • You know what Xtra Tuffs are, and you have some
  • You have to do the Kodiak Stomp before entering a store
  • Just because you have a ticket to fly, doesn't mean you will actually leave that day--"weather permitting"
  • It's cheaper to buy DVD's than to have cable TV
  • Store clerks actually wish you a "Merry Christmas"
  • You hear people complain about having to drive "all the way to the other side of town" (10 minutes)
  • Traffic congestion is 3 cars at an intersection
  • Your car doesn't have a chance to warm up before you arrive at work
  • When looking out the window is more reliable than the weather forecast
  • You go to work, church, and shop with the same people
  • Driving a rusty car is "no big deal"

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Burrrrrrrr....cold on the feet....

We had a dusting of snow this morning.
Matt's at work, the kids are at school, and I have a day to catch up with school work. The puppies and I are hanging out together. I have my laptop, school books, Checkers, Tiger, and Bear surrounding me on the couch. I wish Matt was here:(

Wanting something to post, I grabbed the camera and set out to get a picture of the snow on the deck. I put Bear in front of the camera, he didn't like the cool snow. I put Tiger outside, and he kept going, not stopping for a picture. Checkers wasn't interested in going outside at all.



Burrrrrrrr...cold!


....and he's outta here....Tiger keeps going and doesn't look back at the camera

Checkers....prefers to stay inside


I stepped out on the deck to get a picture of Tiger's footprints in the snow...and oh my gosh...it was extremely cold on my bare feet. I had no idea how cold such a small amount of snow would be. My feet were aching for about three minutes after I was in the house. The puppies' feet must experience something very close to that. Checkers isn't no dummy.


Bear


This was suprisingly extremely, painfully cold on bare feet!

In the south in Arizona, I hear Miss Cindy Lu is doing very well with Grandma and Grandpa Andrews. She has had no problems with her arthritis, and has made many friends (human and canine). Matt and I miss her, but more than that: we have talked about how extremely happy we are for her to not be experiencing pain. The warm weather and the glucosamine tablets she is taking have given her a new life. It's gonna be a new trend in the future, arthritic pets going south for the winter.


Cindy Lu and Matt, picture from November

No comments: