What is more unusual is about 1/2 mile down the road from these barrels is a small road repair area with normal-size cones--an actual road change/hazard.
A few years ago I was in a single car accident along a highway that had large, barrel-type cones. The cause of the accident was one of the barrels lying sideways in my lane of the highway in the darkness of the night on a curve. I had to swerve to miss it, which caused over-steering and I ended up off the road. It all ended okay, with minor damage and absolutely no injury (Thank you, Jesus). Therefore, I'm not a fan of unattended orange barrels. Small cones, not a problem.
Research note: Apparently the barrels are called channelizer drums, and run about $60+ each. And regular small cones vary from $6-$20 each. Interesting....
-Lori



2 comments:
Who took the pictures? I certainly hope you weren't taking them while driving...now THAT would be a road hazard. :)
Is it always raining in Oregon? I was wondering what is the best month to go to the coast and I want to see those waterfalls.
My husband wants to stop traveling but not until i get to see the west coast first.
Post a Comment