Teenagers? Life's tough. At what point to we cease to be parents to kids that don't know how to pick up their underwear off the floor? Who leave smudge marks on the entry way walls?
It hit me as I was walking down the hallway to give my youngest a kiss goodnight. I was realizing that my oldest child was miles away visiting her boyfriend for the weekend. How could this happen? Mind you, he will be staying at a friend's house, and she will stay at his parent's home, but still. Something doesn't feel right.
I'm blogging as I wait for the dogs to start barking in unison to the footsteps approaching the front door, could it be our son who just announced this week that he has yet another girlfriend. It's almost midnight and he's still not home. Something doesn't feel right.
My husband enters the bedroom from a break in his Rambo movie. I ask, "So when are you making the phone call?" Referring to the call I assume he will be making to our son to get his butt home.
With our son's newly found freedoms, poured all out him at once this month: turning 18, getting a cell phone with unlimited texting, and graduating from high school. Needless to say, his attitude has been less than admirable.
It hit me as I was walking down the hallway to give my youngest a kiss goodnight. I was realizing that my oldest child was miles away visiting her boyfriend for the weekend. How could this happen? Mind you, he will be staying at a friend's house, and she will stay at his parent's home, but still. Something doesn't feel right.
I'm blogging as I wait for the dogs to start barking in unison to the footsteps approaching the front door, could it be our son who just announced this week that he has yet another girlfriend. It's almost midnight and he's still not home. Something doesn't feel right.
My husband enters the bedroom from a break in his Rambo movie. I ask, "So when are you making the phone call?" Referring to the call I assume he will be making to our son to get his butt home.
With our son's newly found freedoms, poured all out him at once this month: turning 18, getting a cell phone with unlimited texting, and graduating from high school. Needless to say, his attitude has been less than admirable.
God help this mother through these challenging times. This mom needs a clearly defined role, as it is much to painful to bear without the instruction manual.
-Lori



No comments:
Post a Comment