Nicole and I took advantage of our local Dairy Queen restaurant today. They advertised, fairly discretely that they were going to "roll back" the prices of select menu items for a five hour period on a Monday (today) from 11am to 4pm. Mind you, most working folk were, well, at work....but there was still a steady stream of people enjoying the low prices, including us.
They offered 39 cent cheeseburgers (yes, with cheese!), and three other items for 29 cents each: small soda (refillable) small french fries, and small soft serve cones.
I really appreciated the generosity of the owners of the restaurant to offer the special deals to the public, even if it was just for 5 hours on a Monday. In these "tough times" and the rising price of many goods and services, it was a nice gesture.
It reminds me of the scene in the movie "Mr. Mom" from the 80's, in which the mom (Teri Garr) gets a job with an advertising firm and lands a huge deal with the Canned Tuna manufacturer by convincing the president of the company to "lower their tuna prices by 25 cents a can during these hard economic times" a move that her colleagues baulked at, but the president loved--and they landed the deal. Neat movie, some other cute scenes too.
-Lori
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I can remember around 1994-95 I used to have a post office box rented in Dayton that I would check 2-3 times a week during the midday (it's a long story). On the way home, I would often stop at that same Dairy Queen and get lunch or just a cone or Blizzard. Those were good times...
Post a Comment